The Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF) is organizing the ICYF International Young Volunteers Camp to equip young volunteers with skills in responding to natural disasters and humanitarian crises in partnership with the Ministry of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Türkiye from 19 to 30 October 2022 in Antalya, Türkiye.
Many people of all ages and cultures worldwide participate in volunteer activities for different reasons such as eradicating poverty, improving basic health and education services, providing people with safe water sources and healthy conditions, coping with environmental problems and climate change, reducing disaster risk, combating social exclusion.
Volunteerism is an important, increasingly popular mechanism for young people to create a positive impact on their society. It is also one of the efficient and practical actions to engage young people in global peace and sustainable human development.
This year, the camp aims to raise awareness of the current humanitarian crises in the OIC geography and empower young volunteers to respond to these crises and be actively involved in the recovery process in the framework of theoretical, practical, and simulative sessions and workshops.
ICYF International Young Volunteers Camps targets to achieve the following specific objectives:
· To raise awareness of young volunteers on humanitarian crises and natural disasters,
· To prepare young volunteers for emergencies and disasters,
· To develop the knowledge and skills of young volunteers related to disaster management using interactive techniques and educational methods
· To facilitate the engagement of youth in global peace and sustainable human development through volunteerism,
· To enhance young volunteers` capacities through interactive trainings and practical workshops
· To develop young volunteers' skills in psycho-social support together with experts during the recovery period of disasters.
LOCATION and DATE
Location: Alaaddin Keykubat Youth Camp, Kepez, Antalya, Türkiye
19-23 October for Young Men
26-30 October for Young Women
ELIGIBILITY AND PARTICIPANT SELECTION
The final selection will be made by the organizing committee. The applicant should meet the following criteria:
· Citizen of an OIC Member State, an Observer State, or representative of a Muslim community in a non-OIC Member State
· Ability to communicate in English.
· Age between 18–35
· Previous experience in humanitarian and volunteer work
· Ability to work in teams.
· Volunteering background and experiences (article, project, photo, video, etc.)
· Involved in/or have coordinated the volunteering-related projects.
· Leaders with impact on his/her local community
· Passionate and responsible to attend the full camp training program.
Important note: Only selected participants will be informed about the eligibility of their applications.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 31 July 2022 24.00 GMT +3 (Istanbul Time)
ANNOUNCEMENT OF SELECTION:
The Selection Committee will evaluate the applications based on eligibility and criteria; If the committee decides on further information, can set an online interview as the last stage of selection. Selected participants will receive an email confirmation containing camp program details. Due to a tight schedule, there will be no opportunity to inform those who are not selected. The general information on selection results will be posted via the ICYF website and social media accounts.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSPORTATION FOR THE PARTICIPANTS
The participants will cover their international transportation by themselves.
The Host Organizers will cover only local transportation expenses (from Antalya Airport/ Antalya Bus Station to the camp area and from the camp area to Antalya Airport/ Antalya Bus Station) and medical insurance.
LOCAL TRANSPORTATION FOR THE PARTICIPANTS IN TÜRKİYE
The ICYF maximum will cover domestic transportation of the participants (who are living in Türkiye) up to 2000₺ (Turkish Liras).
The Host Organizers will cover local transportation expenses (from Antalya Airport/ Antalya Bus Station to the camp area and from the camp area to Antalya Airport/ Antalya Bus Station) and medical insurance.
ACCOMMODATION AND FURTHER COSTS:
The Host Organizers will cover accommodation, food, and city tour costs related to local hospitality.
The ICYF will provide an invitation letter to facilitate visa issuance for participants. However, every participant is expected to follow up and proceed with their visa process. The participants are also expected to cover the visa fees by themselves.
Full attended participants will be awarded a certificate of participation issued by the ICYF and program partners.
For more questions:
The camp venue is prepared upon COVID 19 restrictions and host country (the Republic of Türkiye) regulations. The format of the camp might be changed to the COVID 19 restrictions of the Host Country. Please follow the ICYF social media accounts for smooth updates on the camp announcements.